Additional Support Services
- Pharmacy service that provides daily delivery
- Emergency medical service
- Nursing Care is also available to Independent and Assisted Living residents on a fee-for-service basis.
- Our rehabilitation team can provide on-site physical, occupational and speech therapies. The therapy is individualized based on the needs, abilities and medical limitations of each resident. The goal is to restore the person’s lost function and maximize his/her rehabilitation potential.
- Transportation services for appointments and other activities outside the facility are provided at a reasonable cost.
- Outside Gazebo: The gazebo is near the main building and is amid a grassy stretch with numerous shade trees.
- Chapel - Chaplaincy Program: Please join us in the chapel at 10 a.m. on Sundays for worship and at 4 p.m. on Wednesdays for a Wednesday Chapel service. The chaplain is available to assist the residents with their spiritual needs and concerns. For further information concerning the chaplaincy program and services offered, you may contact the chaplain at 301-671-5008.
- Dining Facilities: Fahrney-Keedy residents enjoy fine food and socializing with friends and neighbors in an attractive dining room. Tray meals are delivered to those residents who are unable to go to the dining room. Delicious meals are served daily with full menu selection at breakfast, lunch, and supper. Guests are always welcome. Monthly brunches are held at Fahrney-Keedy on a regular basis. To confirm time and make reservations for the brunch, please call 301-671-5010.
- Bistro: Fahrney-Keedy offers a lunch food service for Fahrney-Keedy visitors, residents and staff. It's the Bistro, open from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Sandwiches, wraps, salads, other healthy lunch options, soup of the day, beverages and desserts are available at the Bistro.
- Library: A wide array of current books, magazines and newspapers is available in this room, conveniently situated on the first floor of the main building. Comfortable chairs are provided for a relaxing read, and a table gives space for research or other “spread-out” work.
- Guest Room: Fahrney-Keedy offers reasonably priced guest facilities for the convenience of out-of-town relatives and friends of residents. To make Guest Room reservations, please call 301-671-5016.
- Gift Shop: Gifts, crafts and numerous “must-have” supplies are available at this conveniently located shop on the first floor of the main building. Hours of Operation: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 12 noon to 2 p.m, with Wednesday and Friday hours depending upon volunteer availability.
- Multi-Purpose Room: This space, in the basement, is set up for family or other group gatherings. Relaxing seating is available as well as table space. Other recreational opportunities also are provided.
- Computer: A computer with Internet access and printer is available for all residents’ use, near the Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living departments on second floor of the main building. In addition, the main building now has wireless internet available for residents and guests at no additional cost.
- Parlor: Suitable for some personal quiet time, small gatherings or group receptions, this area just off the Main Entrance Hallway is furnished with comfortable sofas and chairs. Reading material is available, as are a piano and organ for residents’ and family members’ use. Occasional concerts by visiting musicians also occur here.
- Lounges, Rest Areas: In numerous places inside the main building are couches or easy chairs, some near puzzles, and card tables giving residents and their visitors a homey place to relax awhile.
- Auditorium: A multi-purpose room in the basement, this largest gathering space in the main building is site of many events each month for the Fahrney-Keedy community.
Other Services Offered at Fahrney-Keedy
We offer a wide range of other services to the local community and surrounding Tri-State area.