Volunteers at Fahrney-Keedy
Volunteers make all the difference! Providing various talents, spending time with residents and creating lasting friendships brings joy to everyone.
Fahrney-Keedy Home & Village is always in need of volunteers and we would be very grateful to have you join our team and share your experiences and special talents with us.
If you are interested in information regarding our volunteer program, please contact Sue Hobbs at 301-671-5006.
If you would like to hand-write the application, please print the PDF file below.
Volunteer Application (PDF)
Mail, fax, or e-mail the application to:
Fahrney-Keedy Home & Village
ATTN: Cassandra Weaver
8507 Mapleville Road
Boonsboro, MD 21713
Our Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Assist finding projects for residents to
contribute to the community
- Assist Residents Arranging Flowers
- Assist Residents with Writing Exercises
- Assist with Craft Projects
- Assist with Games
- Assist with Group Sings
- Assist with Parties
- Assist with Planning Special Events such as Holidays, Valentines Day, Halloween, Etc…
- Bible Stories
- Bulletin Boards
- Bus Rides
- Contact people for
Book Reviews, Current
Events, Group Discussions, & Talks
- Copy Papers
- Distribute Magazines, Books, etc…
- Friendly Visiting (1 on 1)
- Letter Writing
- Maintenance and Grounds
- Make and Display Decorations
- Make Beds
- Make Patterns for Projects
- News Letter
- Pass out Food-trays
- Play Instruments
- Prepare Materials for Residents
- Rolling Bandages, Addressing Envelopes, etc...
- Serve Refreshments
- Show Films
- Suggest New Activities to Activity Director
- Teach Painting
- Transport Residents to Church, Beauty Shop,
Are You Interested in a Career with FKHV?
We would love you to submit your resume! Click here to learn more about the application process.